- Main Title
- BIO03076 - Protected Area Management (12222)
- Marine Protected Areas - Principles and techniques for management | Susan Gubbay | Springer
Special emphasis is placed on Australian and local Northern NSW case studies, techniques for conservation, and practical field experience in developing management plans for local terrestrial or marine protected areas.
Students gain 'hands on' skills useful in future careers through interactions with park staff, indigenous rangers and community organisations. Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning. Intensive offerings may or may not be scheduled in every session.
Please refer to the timetable for further details. Southern Cross University employs different teaching methods within units to provide students with the flexibility to choose the mode of learning that best suits them. SCU academics strive to use the latest approaches and, as a result, the learning modes and materials may change.
The most current information regarding a unit will be provided to enrolled students at the beginning of the study session. Commencing Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2.http://police-risk-management.com/order/viber/nuqo-iphone-spies.php
BIO03076 - Protected Area Management (12222)
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees. Unit Summary Close. Enrolment restriction : Unit Assessor approval required for enrolment. General enquiries Future students: T: E: Email your enquiry here Current students: Contact: School of Environment, Science and Engineering Students studying at an education collaboration: Please contact your relevant institution.
Unit content Status of global and Australian biodiversity and environments and reasons for establishment of protected areas. Theory and principles of conservation biology revision of biology and ecology; units of conservation; classification of threat; population ecology and management; impacts on physical, genetic, species and communities and their management; sustainable environmental use.
Marine protected areas, habitat protection and fisheries management. Human cultural heritage conservation and management. Planning processes, management strategies and production of plans of management.
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada.
- Challenges to Social Security: An International Exploration?
- Principles and techniques for management.
- History in Exile: Memory and Identity at the Borders of the Balkans.
Site management and restoration. Education and interpretation in protected areas. Roberts, K. Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems , Schwartz, M. Conservation Science and Practice. Groce, J. Farrelly, M. Conservation Biology, Iacona, G. Diversity and Distributions, Evolutionary Applications, Conservation Letters, Biggs, D. Science, : Dudley, N. PARKS , A response to Haddaway and Dicks. Biological Conservation, Conservation Biology, 31 Rog, S. Addison, P. E, Flander, L. Biological Conservation. Diversity and Distributions. Giehl, E.
PLoS One 12 1 , e Current uses of long-term biological monitoring data in the evaluation and management of marine protected areas. Journal of Environmental Management , Hockings, M. In Worboys, G. Conservation Biology, 28 6 : Trends in Ecology and Evolution, 29 9 : Ecology and Society, 19 2 article Conservation Biology, 27 5 Conservation Biology, 27 4 : Journal of Environmental Management, Conservation Letters, 4 5 : Bill Conservation in the dark?
- Modern Developments in Fluid Dynamics. An Account of Theory and Experiment Relating to Boundary Layers, Turbulent Motion and Wakes. Vol. II. (The Oxford Engenieering Science Series).!
- Logos of Phenomenology and Phenomenology of the Logos. Book Four: The Logos of Scientific Interrogation. Participating in Nature-Life-Sharing in Life.
- Americas Culture of Terrorism: Violence, Capitalism, and the Written Word (Cultural Studies of the United States).
- Teach Yourself Complete Old English.
- BIO - Protected Area Management – ;
- Full text issues.
- Department of Marine Sciences;
- Marine conservation.
- Marine conservation - Wikipedia;
- All in the Name of Lust. Extra-marital Affairs, Amorous Scandals and Illicit Sex in Singapore.
- Publications | Carly Cook's Research.
- The Concept of Canonical Intertextuality and the Book of Daniel.
The information used to support management decisions. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment , 8 4 : Visual versus measured assessments of vegetation condition. Journal of Applied Ecology , 47 3 : Animal Conservation , 13 2 : Bottrill, M. Trends in Ecology and Evolution , 24 4 : Environmental Management , Trends in Ecology and Evolution , 23 12 : Annals of Botany , Marshall, D.
Marine Protected Areas - Principles and techniques for management | Susan Gubbay | Springer
Ecology , 87 1 : Marine Ecology-Progress Series , The Conversation. Read it here. Using long-term monitoring data in managing marine protected areas.
Decision Point , What are the problems and some possible solutions to make it happen? Australasian Science , 01 Mar Mechanisms that help scientists and decision makers work together.